I went to go blog tonight and realized I hadn't taken a single picture all week. That means... slow week. Slow = nothing to report in on. So, I thought it might be fun to go back and revisit one of the funnest semesters I ever spent in college. *ahem*... I wasn't on the UTK campus. (shock)
Disney has a college internship program, and everyone I know who's gone through it has nothing but fun memories and great stories about their semesters in Orlando. It was the first time I'd left Knoxville for more than two weeks, my first experience bona fide away from home, my first apartment, my first time staying awake for 24 hours, etc. It. Was. Awesome.

cast members only please... please take note of my shorts. these were my favorite shorts for years to come...

this is the only photo i could find of all of my roommates, but please take note of our craptacular apartment. l-r, katie, heather, becky (my roommate), jennifer and yours truly. btw, that bed in vista way apartments was no joke the most comfortable bed i ever had. it was in the corner between two windows and made for the prettiest morning light scenario i've ever had the privilege of waking up to.

another shot - craptacular kitchen

if the inside left much to be desired - here's the outside. me and jennifer share a hug outside our apartment - apartment to the left, pool to the right. life was rough. ha ha, check out my reserve scrunchie on my wrist...
I also got to travel a bit while I was there. Here I am with Jim and Becky at a Cape Canaveral for a night launch for one of the space shuttles!

this was the up for 24 hour deal. I had opened that morning by getting up at 5 AM and went to bed at 5 AM the next morning - I got talked into going to the night launch at the last minute - but gosh I sure am glad I did! it was incredible.
Here I am when the family came to visit in Daytona Beach:

dipsey, clay, mama, katie and me. i am hiding the new belly ring i got on this adventure; i'm hiding it in case either grandmother found this photo. my mother found out about the belly ring about 30 seconds after she got out of the car for this visit. not. kidding. it's like she could smell it or something.
Oh yeah, and I went there to work. Well. Actually, I got a paycheck to go have fun three days a week, then have fun at work the other four. Oh, and class once a week - good times....
here i am at my home base, muppetvision 3D. i saw avatar last night and was like ho-hum... old news. i used to WORK at a 3D movie theater, thanks... this also started my life-long love for chuck taylors....

here are dipsey and i at my home away from home - theater of the stars! beauty and the beast was playing while i worked there and i can probably sing (and dance, ahem...) the show for you still. in case you're interested. if you're not, that's cool too.
Oh, I had a boyfriend too!

me and sweetums! we were the '95 version of brangelina
Kidding - here we are. David Jolly and me enjoy a cold one at a softball game:

david jolly was from niceville, fla. i can't make this stuff up, peeps - we're still pals too, fortunately...
Here are four of the five roomies enjoying a day in the parks before our graduation:

this was foreshadowing - we are in the car parked outside the sci-fi dine-in theater where i went back to work waiting tables after college
Upon graduation, I received:

my ducktorate degree. i received it because i came to every class. if you missed a class, you got a mouster's degree. if you missed more than that, they sent you home (not! kidding!)
I've only been back to Disney World a few times since then:

tommy and me on our honeymoon! look how 90's we are - we are touring my old stomping grounds, mgm studios! yes, i know we look like we are nine.
And when I ran my last marathon (which BTW - the FUNNEST MARATHON EVER. C'mon, if Mickey Mouse can't motivate you to cover 26.2, I just don't know who can!)
me and pretty princess rachel landry smile proudly for the camera. check out our bling! i pity th' fool who can't run a marathon!
That was truly an era in my life to treasure. I had so much stinkin' fun... but anywho - back to the present! Amanda and I are off to Hot Springs next weekend to pick out fabric for her wedding gown and to get some R and R in the hot springs! I've never been and since I have a waterproof camera, I no doubt will come home armed with more excitement. (I hope my camera is heatproof.... I need to check my warranty...)
Lata, gatas!


No comments:
Post a Comment